Groceries by mail
Here’s a summary of activity for January, 2018.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last month
- Groceries by mail — Food
- Triskele – Cats
- The Astronaut and the Quarter — Memory
- Spooning — Cats
- Pasta with tomato sauce and sausages — Food
- Spicy rice bowl — Food
- Grilled chicken with pasta — Food
- Gluten free sugar cookies — Food
- Maple brown-sugar cinnamon waffles — Food
- Baked chicken and candied yams — Food
- New socks and underwear — Tchotchke
- Holiday turkey dinner — Food
- Peanut butter, butter, and banana — Food
- Turkey chicken cheese burgers — Food
- A cuddle of cats — Cats
- Grilled cheese sandwiches — Food
At some point in the 80s, I was somewhere in Florida, and a dude gave me a quarter to play a Lunar Lander arcade game …
I was in Florida to watch a space shuttle launch. We’d stopped at some gas station and in the mini shop there was an actual Lunar Lander arcade cabinet.
I totally pretended everything was fine (I was trying to impress a girl there) as I completely botched my landing, and crashed.
This guy tried to warn me I was coming in too fast. Well, he would know because he turned out to be an actual astronaut.
He asked me if I recognized him, and I had to admit that I did not. I apologized. He said that he probably wouldn’t remember him either, though he was one of the few who went to the moon. Even now, I cannot for the life of me remember which astronaut this was that I met that day.
Not my finest day in the space program, I can tell you with certainty.
When I admitted to the guy he was right, but I was trying to cover because of the girl there, he seemed very understanding even though I just killed myself and some of his friends by slamming into the surface of the moon.
But, not understanding enough to give me another quarter, darn it.