I’m not actually going to try to come up with a list for the entire year, but I’ve grabbed the books that I’ve gone through in the last couple of months or that I’m reading now. I’ll add a couple books that have been significant to me in the last year that I can recall further back also. But, I’ve had to stop somewhere, and so I know I’ve missed some and listed almost none from more than 6 months ago.
These aren’t necessarily listed in any order other than where they ended up in my stacks.
Still Reading or Just Starting:
- Gilbert, E. Eat, Pray, Love.
- Nix, G. Sabriel.
- Muellner, L. The Anger of Achilles.
- Yates, F. A. The Art of Memory.
- Burns, D. D. The Feeling Good Handbook.
- Weinberg, F. M. The Wine & The Will: Rabelais’s Bacchic Christianity.
- duBois, P. Sowing the body: Psychoanalysis and Ancient Representations of Women.
- Segal, R. A. In Quest of the Hero.
- Brezsney, R. Pronoia is the antidote for paranoia.
- Ellsberg, R. Dorothy Day: Selected Writings.
- de Lint, C. Widdershins.
- Gaiman, N. The Book of Magic, Vol 1.
- Moore, A. Promethea, Vol 1-5.
- Morrison, G. The Invisibles, Vol 1-4.
- Maguire, G. Wicked.
- Yalom. M. A history of the wife.
- Geras, A. Troy: a novel.
- Kerenyi, C. Eleusis: Archetypal image of mother and daughter.
- Starbird, M. The Woman with the Alabaster Jar.
- Leloup, J-V. The Gospel of Mary Magdalene.
- Bullock, S. G. Revolutionary Brotherhood: Freemasonry and the Transformation of the American Social Order, 1730-1840.
- Hearn, M. P. The Wizard of Oz. The Critical Heritage Series. (Half of this book is a collection of reviews and essays spanning the time since the story was printed.)
Re-Reading or Recently Re-Read:
- Paxson, D. L. Taking up the runes.
- Anderson, V. H. Thorns of the blood rose.
Significant Books Not Already Listed (that I remember right now):
- Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows.
- Augarde, S. Celandine.
- Clarke, S. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.
- Butcher, J. The Harry Dresden Series.
Okay, I’m just going to stop there. I’d have to list so many, many others if I kept going … It would be interesting to actually keep track of this over the whole of next year.